Thursday, March 22, 2012

ALOHA to Ben & Courtney

So there we go…the Big Finale has come and gone and I am left feeling not as disgusted as I expected.  That’s a bonus considering how this season of The Bachelor has gone. 

We all knew Courtney was Ben’s final choice.  It played out pretty much how I thought it would.  I did however expect his sister to be a lot tougher on Courtney.  How convenient was her immediate question to Ben of “so were there any girls in the house who caused drama?”.  OK creative editing and producing/coaching of said sister.  Clearly they wanted the lead in and she gave it but no doubt it would have come up anyway.  I was blown away that mom and sister were “blown away” by Courtney (although I was finding it hard to value Julia’s opinion while she was wearing that little beret). I don’t know that I could ever define Courtney that way, unless of course you are talking about her body then perhaps, but her demeanor, baby talk, her uncanny knack for “talking up” (she goes up like 4 octaves from the start of a sentence to an end) and of course, the infamous pursing of the mouth would do many things to me but “blow me away”???  Nope.  Regardless of all of her little “bending of the truth” and continuous defense of “none of the girls really tried to get to know me” just didn’t matter because we all knew how this rodeo would end.

Speaking of rodeos…Lindzi with a Z hit a rough patch here, there and everywhere.  I guess you could consider her nervous dropping of the fork not once, twice but 3 times, endearing.  I don’t know if it was necessary to confess out loud that she gets nervous when she “has to eat proper in front of people” but out it slipped.  She clearly was stressed, with 2 little cysts residing on her chin and the right side of her lip.  They sort of took center stage there for a while.  As a woman who deals with these more regularly than I would like, I know how painful they can be.  And so I ask, WHY did they not put her left side to the camera (on the gondola picnic) so she could hide those?  Poor baby.  When Ben went in for a smooch I noticed he took over the one to the side of her mouth.  I am sure she was praying that he didn’t kiss the cover up away.  I seriously missed out on their entire conversation because I was fixated on the cysts.  But like I said…I already knew the outcome so I wasn’t invested and sadly I was more interested in the cysts appearing and/or suddenly disappearing based on the shot...how killer would it be if we could just edit our acne out?

The Dump & Proposal….

Excuse me but what were the capes all about?  I felt like the girls were headed to the Elfin Forrest.  And speaking of Elfin Forrest….was it really that necessary to have the Matterhorn as the back drop?  So much so that they had to stage the Proposal Pedestal in what appeared to be a fire ravaged piece of property complete with fake green bushes tucked in as healthy foliage and strategically placed clumps of snow (it was dirty snow people) on the steps leading up to the tree trunk with a rose and pinecone sitting atop it?  That was a lot of work for that view and what a waste.  Of all the beautiful places in Zermatt and that was what they came up with?  The dresses could not have been their calls either or at least I hope not.  Courtney looked like she was ready for an evening at The Met and if someone could please explain the reason behind the elbow length black leather gloves???  It was all weird…all of it.  The path the girls had to travel just to get to the Lord of the Rings was the most inconvenient and least high heel friendly of all the altars to date. 

I am not sure why Ben told Lindzi he had fallen in love with her just to tell her seconds later that he had fallen in love with someone else more.  One would think that after being on the other side fairly recently that he would have had something poignant and comforting to say to her.  Here I go again expecting more from Ben then what he is capable of but God, he could have been better than that for her in that moment.  Clearly Lindzi didn’t seem to have too much of an issue with what he said or didn’t say because when she threw out “if it doesn’t work out call me” (WHAT??!!???????????) I think I threw up in my mouth while my husband burst out laughing louder than I have heard in a longtime.  Even my seasoned Bachelor/Bachelorette 12 year old groaned “oh no!”  WHAT she was thinking (I am thinking she wasn’t)? I don’t know but I am hopeful she cringed when she watched that play out last night.  Good God.

Ben’s proposal to Courtney was great…it really was.  If I liked her more I would have gotten chills and been teary eyed for her.  Honestly I was again sidetracked but this time not by acne… I was so busy breaking down if she had one of those little finger holes to push her ring finger through or if she was going to remove the OJ Simpson Isotoner to free up her ring finger…I think you all saw her whip the glove off.  It was very Ben and Courtney…baby talking, talking up the scales from a C to about an F, little 4 word punchy sentences, small little kisses and scrunched up noses.  May they live happily ever after…

Which after watching a quite emotional “After The Final Rose” it appears that they just actually might.  I liked her a little bit during that show.  If she could have just been vulnerable like everyone else, embraced her insecurities instead of be mean to hide them and acted like a human being then we would have all probably applauded their ending.  Ben is no picnic himself and Courtney definitely has her work cut out for her with him.  He needs to turn the ego dial waaayyyy dwon and invest in a razor.  I am not sure what look he was going for with his “pre-pubescent facial hair growth” but whatever he was trying to achieve I can safely say he didn’t.  A note here:  I just looked at the picture of him and a mystery girl in US (he said last night he didn’t kiss any girls while they were apart) and he very clearly has his hand on her ass and if that isn’t kissing then I am not sure what is. 

I said a few blogs ago that Courtney would be the only girl in that mix who could put up with Ben.  After watching last night I think that these two may very well be soul mates and although Courtney is someone I wouldn’t pick for any guy I know, after seeing this side of Ben, he isn’t someone I would ever pick for any girl I know so they are probably exactly where they are meant to be AND oddly enough I hope they make it. 

As I am coming into my fourth hour of a five hour plane ride to Maui I am in the best place I have been yet when saying goodbye to another Bachelor run.  If only all of my sign off’s could find me heading to paradise!  Speaking of paradise we of course have Bachelor Pad looming in the not too distant future and another run at love featuring Emily.  I am having a hard time warming up to that one but something tells me I will find my quiet, demure, gently opinionated voice in time to share my thoughts & feelings with all of you ;)  Until then Bachelor Peeps, I am going to enjoy my complimentary mai tai, the sound of the surf and a break from blogging!  Mahalo & Aloha~

No comments:

Post a Comment