Monday, January 23, 2012

You Should Have Stayed In Chico...

Shhhhhhh? You hear that crash? And now smell the burn? Yup…that is Shawntel and her brief run at trying to win Ben’s heart. Dude, I fell in love with him last season watching him and you don’t see me showing up at the Fairmont for the rose ceremony. The whole I am married with 2 children is just details people so don’t bring that into it. I’m just saying what made her think, other than urging by the Bachelor people telling her to come on the show and give it a run because Ben probably mentioned in passing that Shawntel Newton would be the kind of girl that he might go for, that this was a smart idea? (You might need to re-read that as that was a killer run on sentence!). She looked sort of beat…I was surprised. I expected her to look a little bit more polished maybe? She didn’t walk into the most comfortable of situations so that must have been awkward but nothing could be more awkward then Ben dismissing her. In fairness to Shawntel, she gave it a go but if she could get a “do over” something tells me she would opt to stay at the morgue. Side note: her sister is dating Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay quarterback).

Please may I put a bikini on and ski down a city street in SF? The shit this show is able to pull off these days is unbelievable. Where do these girls and their bodies come from? I ask that while eating a freshly baked chocolate brownie with chocolate chips added to the batter to make it extra chocolaty with a scoop of Ben & Jerry’s Vanilla ice cream on top and no, I am not making this up. This could be why you will never see me skiing in a bikini anywhere. Definitely entertaining and a big plus for Kaci B…for sportsmanship, best body in bikini & skiing butt forward while bending down touching her toes. I can only imagine what I might look like in that situation??? Quick pause while I go and grab ANOTHER BROWNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big fan of Emily this go round…cool chick. Props on finishing the climb up the Bay Bridge. I don’t care if Ben is the prize….I wouldn’t do it. I had vertigo just from watching. That was so balls-y of them both…absolutely terrifying. Don’t try and act like that is something you would LOVE to try either…I am so not buying it. On that note…she got the “conquer her fear” date which always leads to a top finish. I have nothing negative to say about her…I really enjoyed being on that date with them. But refer back to what I have heard about her…she might be the next Bachelorette so don’t go getting to attached to the idea of her and Ben. Unless it isn’t THIS Emily but Brad’s Emily…hmmmmmmmm???

Lindzi with a Z. I don’t know…it is like she is a little girl with this big eye wonderment. She was just to giggly and young and seemed really juvenile after Emily. Does she even know what a “speak easy” is? She clearly didn’t know that was Matt Nathanson singing a super hot song and she was off beat and a sloppy dancer…that song and moment deserved a little bit more. And how did she not at least know “Heart & Soul” on the piano? Had she whipped that out to his “Entertainer” she would go so much further. ALWAYS have “Heart & Soul” in your repertoire people. She is sweet enough but I am not a huge fan of “sweet” and although I think she will be around for a while, her saccharine may start to cause a little cavity in the back molar. Side note…did she get the date that Brittney was supposed to have? That was a strange exit. Guess Grandma is bummed.
Casey, Jaclyn & Samantha? Hmmm, you might be asking yourself? Me too. (I typed this before the end of the show…latrons Jaclyn. And why was she so shocked? I don’t know that Ben even talked to her for more than 5 minutes in 2 shows)

Shall we talk Rose Ceremony? You’ve got Courtney playing one of her multiple personalities and mentioning babies to Ben. I was wishing for a strong wind to come and blow her over the side of the roof. Since it didn’t and she stayed, another one of her personalities emerged, this one calling Shawntel “what’s her butt” to Ben’s face upon accepting a rose and then shouting “Sayanara” as Shawntel left. Super classy girl . I think that may have been the strong wind I was hoping for and anytime now this girl will implode all at the hands of herself, not before causing more drama though.

Elyse…you can take the girl out of Jersey but you can’t take Jersey out of the girl. Crazy part is I have no idea if she is even from Jersey…just going with an educated guess here.

Finally our Panic Attacker of the evening. Tatoo’d inner lip, law student Erika. A trial lawyer she better not be. She hyper-ventilated not once, but twice and lay down with her knees up at the most unattractive angle. If you are to pass out in public, make sure you go down with your legs straight out and cross your legs at the ankles…especially if you are on tv. It was brought to my attention that perhaps the chains on her dress were too tight and cut off her blood supply. It is a possibility. Her exit was awkward as was she.

Ben once again made a huge impression on his ladies by letting Shawntel go and playing fair which is what the Bachelorettes were hoping (and crying over) he would do. Theory here…he should have kept her and any of the girls who are there for the right reasons should have been fine with it. Wouldn’t you want to know that you were chosen over every other girl, the original 25 and any thrown in for good measure? I would toot my horn even a little bit louder simply for that reason.

There are a few quality chicas in this Taco Salad but I think almost any of us could pick the Top 4. Lindzi, Jennifer, Kacie , & Emily are clearly the front runners while CWhoretney is along for the ride. Don't worry...her Sayanara is only a few episodes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment